Learn from local experts on topics related to education, mental health, wellness and life! At EmpowerED you will learn about:
• 9:00 AM: Tips for Kids and Teens on Making Healthy Choices
Monica Fyfe, MFT, BCBA, RPT-S, LMFT, Owner, Play 2 Learn
Founder & Executive Director, OUR VILLAGE, "A Social Learning Community
• 9:40 AM: How Can An Assessment Benefit Your Child?
Lisa L. Hancock, Ph.D., MBA, Licensed Clinical Psychologist PSY 31333
Certified Autism Specialist CAS205668
• 10:10 AM: Social and Emotional Factors that Influence Academic Performance
Karen I. Wilson, PhD, Clinical Neuropsychologist & Founder, ChildNEXUS, Inc.
• 10:40 AM: Effective Parenting: Strategies to Help Tweens and Teens Re-Enter Their Social World
Albert Knapp, Psy.D., BCBA-D, RPT-S
• 11:10 AM: Our New Every-Changing Normal
Vanessa Isetta, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist PSY20941
• 11:40 AM: Avoid the Summer Slump with Reading, Reflection, and Review
Elizabeth Maynard, MS, Educational Therapy Services , Owner and Founder
EmpowerED is a virtual event open to all parents, education professionals and mental health professionals who have or work with teens.